Kickoff round (Round 2)
The kickoff round, and all subsequent rounds, will be an open round (in front of a live audience). Contestants will sing with the contestant’s choice of either a back-up track cd (contestant is responsible for acquiring and bringing their own back-up track in the requested format which will not include voice) or with EITHER a piano or guitar. If contestant plays a piano or guitar and wants to accompany themselves, they may. Or they may use their own separate accompanist. The Contestant is responsible for the quality of their accompanist and Niger Delta Talent Hunt is not responsible for musical errors of the accompanist which may affect the contestant’s performance. The judges will be instructed not to judge the contestant on the performance of the accompanist, but the vocalist only.
Judges will not interrupt songs but will give oral and/or written feedback to each contestant immediately after the singing of their song while the contestant is still on stage in this round and in remaining rounds. This round and subsequent rounds may be ticketed events. Each contestant will receive two free tickets to use for family and/or friends. Contestants will be judged based on the judging criteria attached to this rules and regulations. Professional capacity will include behavior and attitude off the stage and preparation of all necessary items needed to perform well and in a timely manner, including, but not limited to submitting song lyrics, back up tracks, and other requested items by the submission deadline. The Niger Delta Talent Hunt staff will help judge this portion of the total percentage.
Pre-Semi Final round (Round 3) – Contestants will sing with the contestant’s choice of either a back-up track cd (contestant is responsible for acquiring and bringing their own back-up track in the requested format which will not include voice) or with EITHER a piano or guitar. If contestant plays a piano or guitar and wants to accompany themselves, they may. Or they may use their own separate accompanist. The Contestant is responsible for the quality of their accompanist and Niger Delta Talent Hunt is not responsible for musical errors of the accompanist which may affect the contestant’s performance. The judges will be instructed not to judge the contestant on the performance of the accompanist, but the vocalist only. Judges will not interrupt songs but will give oral and/or written feedback to each contestant immediately after the singing of their song while the contestant is still on stage in this round and in remaining rounds. This round and subsequent rounds may be ticketed events. Each contestant will receive two free tickets to use for family and/or friends. Contestants will be judged based on the judging criteria attached to this rules and regulations. Professional capacity will include behavior and attitude off the stage and preparation of all necessary items needed to perform well and in a timely manner, including, but not limited to submitting song lyrics, back up tracks, and other requested items by the submission deadline. The Niger Delta Talent Hunt staff will help judge this portion of the total percentage.
Semi -final round (Round 4) – Contestants will be backed up by live musicians at this round and will have more latitude to either sing songs as they have been performed by other artists or come up with their own arrangements. The back-up musicians will be hired by Niger Delta Talent Hunt, but in certain circumstances, the contestant may select their own musicians at their own expense. The contestants will be responsible for providing sheet music in the correct key with correct chord symbols for the back-up band. MP3s/CDs of a song in one key and chord symbols in another key will not be accepted. Submitting an MP3/CD of the arrangement of the song will ensure that the back-up band plays the song as you have rehearsed it and will minimize any last minute crisis. Guitar tabs without chord symbols will not be accepted.
There may be limited “sound check” time on stage before this round of the competition because of limited venue availability. Niger Delta Talent Hunt will work with the contestant in allowing reasonable time preparing on stage before the event, but reserves the right to limit stage time before the event to contestants in a spirit of fairness to all contestants. Contestants will be judged based on the judging criteria attached to this rules and regulations.
Final round (Round 5) –There will be between three and five judges for the final round of the competition. These judges will use their successful experience in music, comedy, dance, Art & fashion industry to determine the criteria for judging
- The cost of the competition– The Registration is FREE for all contestants. Once a contestant is eliminated, they cannot re-enter the competition. There is no guarantee of entry after deadline. However if entry is allowed after the deadline, there will be a notice dissemination.
- Family-friendly lyrics– While Niger Delta Talent Hunt encourages artistic expression and freedom of song selection within their genre, Niger Delta Talent Hunt is a family-friendly organization. Lyrics of songs presented during the competition may not contain or promote profanity, illicit sexual content, racist or hateful content of any kind; violence or harm to another person or creature; obscene or offensive behavior; or the use of illegal drugs. Songs and lyrics (after the preliminary round) will need to be submitted to Niger Delta Talent Hunt by the submission deadline posted on the web site for each round of the competition to ensure it meets the family-friendly content standard that will represent the values of Niger Delta Talent Hunt. Review will be according to Niger Delta Talent Hunt’ sole but reasonable discretion. Failure to submit any material for approval may result in disqualification of the contestant. Contestants will be notified either on the web site or through email when the song submission deadline is for each round. It is the contestant’s responsibility to check the web site for updates and to notify Niger Delta Talent Hunt of any email address changes. Niger Delta Talent Hunt staff will have sole authority to determine if a song selection fits its criteria for being family-friendly. Smooth Concepts decision in this matter is final and is not subject to appeal.
VII. No synthesized voices – No synthesized vocal utterance may be used for accompaniment by contestants entered in the competition. This includes recorded live voices and voices that are produced and recorded synthetically (i.e. synthesizers or digitally sampled) or so-called pitch correction or auto-tune. Background vocals may be on back-up tracks but contestants are not allowed to “sing over” a lead voice on a back-up track.
VIII. Contestant responsibility – Contestants may not violate any intellectual property rights of any third party, including without limitation copyright, trademark, service mark, or other intellectual property right and shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless Niger Delta Talent Hunt from and against any claims or liabilities arising as a result of such contestant’s violation thereof.
- Contestants are responsible for bringing their own back-up track CDs/MP3s, sheet music, and instruments/accessories. Contestants are also responsible for picking up their materials, instruments, and accessories at the end of each concert. Niger Delta Talent Hunt is not responsible for CDs, music, instruments, accessories, or any personal items left at any venue.
- Contestants must be present and on time for all meetings, rehearsals, sound checks, and shows and must be present and readily available during the entire show period. Contestants must inform Niger Delta Talent Hunt of any change of contact information such as phone, physical address, or email address in a timely manner.
- Rehearsals and sound checks are closed to the public and are only open to contestants, accompanists, and parents of minor contestants.
- Contestants cannot converse or communicate in any way about the show to any of the show’s judges at any time during the course of the competition.
Niger Delta Talent Hunt organizers reserve the right of final decision on any matters pertaining to the Competition not covered by the rules.
- Judges– Niger Delta Talent Hunt will acquire a minimum of three judges for each live round of the competition. In rare cases, if a judge is scheduled and has an unforeseeable event occur which prevents that judge from appearing, reasonable efforts will be made to find another qualified judge. If no qualified alternate judge can be found, the event will go on with the remaining judges and an event organizer will give written feedback for contestants but the event organizers will not give a score for contestants. Contestants will be scored based on the average score of the available judges.
Musical talent and the judging thereof is a very subjective process, therefore Niger Delta Talent Hunt will use judges that have actual experience in the music/ comedy/ dance/Art/Fashion industry such as music teachers, professors, professional singers, recording studio engineers, producers, and others who have experiences in the industry. In the spirit of keeping this subjective process as fair as possible, Niger Delta Talent Hunt will NOT seek to acquire judges who have “celebrity status”.
The decision of the judges will be final and may not be appealed by any contestant. In the case of a tie, the Niger Delta Talent Hunt event organizers will either break the tie or decide to choose multiple final winners in each category and its decision will be final.
- WINNERS. Winners will be announced on the final round.
- PRIZE FULFILLMENT. No assignment or transfer of any prize or other substitution is permitted except at Niger Delta Talent Hunt sole discretion. Each prize winner are required to provide all information requested by Niger Delta Talent Hunt for the processing of their prize. If a contestant has committed a felony within the last three years or fails the drug screen, or fails to provide requested information, they will be declared ineligible and will be immediately disqualified from the competition and will not receive any prize.
- AFFIDAVITS/RELEASES: If required by Niger Delta Talent Hunt, the Prize Winners may be required to sign and return additional releases of liability, declaration of eligibility, and where lawful, a publicity consent agreement, all within seven (7) days of winning, unless prohibited under applicable law. Moreover, in consideration for Prizes, the Prize Winners will be required to enter into an agreement with G-INFLUENCE MAGAZINE on the offers to the contestant. Niger Delta Talent Hunt also reserves the right to use the Contestant’s name, voice, conversation, likeness and biography in connection with Niger Delta Talent Hunt advertising, endorsements, and/or merchandising.
- RIGHTS IN ENTERING THE COMPETITION: Contestants’ personal information will not be shared, sold, or rented without permission of contestant.
By entering the competition, each Contestant hereby grants to the Competition Entities the non-exclusive, fully paid, worldwide license to use, copy, sublicense, transmit, distribute, publicly perform, publish, assign, delete or display any recording, event, or any portion thereof, in any media now known or hereafter devised including, but not limited to the Niger Delta Talent Hunt Website and the competition telecasts for promotional purposes and not for the sale or distribution of the talent or work of the contestant.
Each contestant authorizes the Competition Entities, and any entities affiliated with the Competition Entities, to utilize on a non-exclusive basis, for eternity and in any manner the Competition Entities see fit, the Submission submitted to Niger Delta Talent Hunt, and to make derivative works from such materials for promotional purposes for Niger Delta Talent Hunt and not for the sale or distribution of the talent or work of the submitter.
Each Contestant agrees that the results and proceeds of such use shall become the property of NIGER DELTA TALENT HUNT and/or NIGER DELTA TALENT HUNT’s licensees and shall be freely assignable by NIGER DELTA TALENT HUNT, and that NIGER DELTA TALENT HUNT and its assignees and licensees shall have no obligations whatsoever to the contestant. Each contestant releases the Competition Entities, and their assignees and licensees, from any and all claims or liability (now known or hereafter arising), including but not limited to any claims for defense and/or indemnity, in connection therewith.
Each contestant agrees and acknowledges that participation in the Competition shall not give rise to any confidential, fiduciary, implied-in-fact, implied-in-law, or other special relationship between the Competition Entities and Contestant.
XII. RIGHTS OF NIGER DELTA TALENT HUNT / DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY: NIGER DELTA TALENT HUNT shall have the right and sole discretion to edit, to refuse to air or cease to air any Submission whatsoever which it finds to be in violation of the provisions hereof, or which it finds in its sole but reasonable discretion to be otherwise objectionable for any reason, including with respect to broadcast standards and practices and other program policies.
NIGER DELTA TALENT HUNT also reserves the right to replace the Prize Winning Submissions with the Submission of an alternate prize. NIGER DELTA TALENT HUNT also reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to close or extend the Entry Period at any time and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Competition for any reason, including, but not limited to, computer virus, hardware, or software failure, power failure, financial hardship, strikes by any affiliate, venue conflict, etc. human intervention violating these rules, or acts of God. In the event that there is an error, problem or cause which impacts the operation, administration or security of the Competition or the Competition Entities and, in such situation, to select the winner(s) from the eligible Entries received prior to the action taken or in such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by NIGER DELTA TALENT HUNT, in its sole judgment.
THE COMPETITION IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
The Competition Entities are not responsible in any way for any injury, loss or damage which occurs as a result of an opinion expressed or information provided in the Submissions transmitted on the Website or on any Competition broadcast and/or telecast. All statements and opinions made by Contestants are those of such Contestants only, and the Competition Entities neither endorse nor shall be held responsible for the reliability or accuracy of same. Any attempt by any person to undermine deliberately the legitimate operation of the Competition or NIGER DELTA TALENT HUNT is in violation of the Official Rules and may be in violation of law.
Should such an attempt be made, NIGER DELTA TALENT HUNT reserves the right to seek damages from any such individual or organization to the fullest extent permitted by law. NIGER DELTA TALENT HUNT is not responsible for the content or practices of third party Web sites that may be linked to the NIGER DELTA TALENT HUNT website. This site may also be linked to Web sites operated by companies affiliated with NIGER DELTA TALENT HUNT. Visitors to those sites should refer to each site’s separate privacy policies and practices.
XIII. WARRANTY: Contestant represents and warrants that the song/comedy/dance/fashion/Art submissions and any use thereof by the Competition Entities, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries and affiliates in connection with programming, advertising, promotion and publicity, shall not infringe upon any statutory or common law copyright and shall not constitute a defamation, or invasion of the right of privacy or publicity, or infringement of any other right of any kind of any third party.
XIV. INDEMNITY: The Competition may also be promoted and/or sponsored by a third party or parties (each a “Promotional Partner,” collectively “Promotional Partners”). Contestant shall indemnify and hold harmless the Competition Entities, any Promotional Partners, and each of their respective parents, affiliates, successors, assigns and licensees, and each of their respective employees, shareholders, officers, directors, agents and representatives from and against any and all liability, claims, loss, damage, injury or expense, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising in connection with any third party action arising out of a breach or allegation which if true would constitute a breach, of any of Contestant’s representations, warranties or obligations herein.